This kit is perfect for those wanting to start out in bookbinding or need to have the basic equipment to bind a book. This equipment is in use by both our craft and professional customers. With this kit you get both a sewing frame and a finishing press (which can also be reversed to be used as a lying press). Optionally you may also want to add a set of backing boards .
Large Sewing Frame
Large Sewing Frame in solid Beech. Round nuts on 1 1/2in threaded pillars.
- 650mm (26in) long x 270mm (11in) width base.
- Height 420mm (17in).
- 470mm (18 1/2in) distance between threaded pillars.
- Solid Beech planked base.
Medium Finishing Press
Medium Finishing Press made in solid Beech.
- Press cheeks 120mm x 46mm (nominal 5in x 2in)
- 38mm (1 1/2in) diameter thread
- 600mm (24in) wide
- 440mm (17in) between threads